Phonesuit, a terrible disappointment!

Mobile phones have gone a long way from their time of invention by Martin Cooper. Phones these days are not used for just calls and messages anymore. Few months ago I have got my Galaxy S4. It's a beast. I still enjoy it with MIUI ROM on it. But the enjoyment lasts about twelve hours with extensive usage. Sometimes you cannot find a point to charge your phone and you need a power bank on the go. I was looking for something elegant, tiny and that fits in the pocket. I came across this Phonesuit charger which just matched my requirements. As usual, most of the products I crave for are not available in India and had to get it through friends. 
       The look and feel of the product is exceptional. It just feels very premium. It has an aluminium build with a micro-USB pin and a plastic cap. There's no power on and off button but there's this electrostatic button that shows four blue dots indicating the level of charge left. Everything about the product is just great. I took out my S4 plugged in the battery pack and it started charging. It's heavy. In a way it feels good because once you hold the battery pack with the phone docked into it, you don't have to hold the phone with the other hand and trust me you won't feel like it would drop off. The other advantage of this battery pack is that it charges with the micro USB port and you don't need a separate charger. With the phone docked into the battery pack, you can charge both same time. Neither you need an extra charger nor an extra port.


The blue lights that flare up with touch feels great.
Lovely aluminium body
Perfectly placed micro USB pin and the subtle logo

       I realized what a disappointment it was only the next day when I put the battery pack to test. I plugged it in and slipped it into my pocket. Every time the screen goes off the phone stops charging and I have to remove it and plug it in again to keep it charging. I thought it was some problem with my phone or the battery pack or the ROM I am using and contacted the customer support for the same. I was taken aback with their reply. It says, "Unfortunately for the S4 the only solution you have is to go to the settings>developer options>stay awake and it charges the phone without problem."
       I definitely wouldn't recommend this product to anyone and if any of you out there decide on buying it, I would say DON'T! How can you keep the screen awake and drop your phone into your pocket? Why does the charger have to stop when the screen goes off?
A big NO until the bug is fixed.
Looks and feels very premium

Feels very solid and doesn't wobble much

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the doctors in India have always been the soft target?

Who's right? The doctor or the common man?

Meet the world's first social streaming player.